Broken Neck [Virtual] Follow Up #6

It has been seven months since I fracture my neck (August 25th). That is hard to believe. It was time for another follow up visit with my orthopedist, an appointment I felt I needed to keep (so many questions). With how the world is right now, with my appointment being non-essential, and with me being a firm believer in flattening the curve, I decided to shelter-in-place and embrace technology. We conducted a virtual appointment. So cool.

With Steve's smartphone and my prepared list of questions, I felt this visit was almost as good as actually being there. I still need to pop by one day and have an x-ray, but we'll see how the next few weeks play out. For now, I'm a very happy patient.
So what is happening with my neck? Dr. Z thinks it's time for me to transition out of all neck apparatus. Yikes. I was just learning to love my groovy soft collar. He told me what to watch for pain-wise. But the main emphasis was to get the neck muscles stronger by using them. Needless-to-say, that's a bit frightening. Sometime in late-April I'll begin Physical Therapy. Wow. There is a light at the end of this crazy, very long tunnel.
Until I decide if/when I want to have another CT scan, I won't know if I'm fully healed. I will continue with the restrictions about not lifting and not riding roller coasters (as if I could now if I wanted to). I'm really okay with that. Each day brings me closer to feeling more like the Old Denise. I have missed her. 

In these times of terrible news everywhere we turn, I'm looking at this good news. We need that. A little win is still a win!

posted under |

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Very good news! John and I are delighted that you are continuing to recover. How wonderful to look ahead to being fully recovered.

Fondly, Kay

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments