The Blizzard...

Happy Day #1 of my Birthday Month!
​At 5:41 AM, this message came as a text, "​LTCC Alert: College is closed today Thursday March 1 due to snow, ​​blizzard warning."​ Then an email arrived, "For the safety of the students, participants and staff, and in light of the serious weather warnings, the LTCC campus will be closed today and all classes and workshops are cancelled."
Did you see the 'B' word? Yes, Steve is down in SoCal being an awesome son, helping his mom after knee surgery, and I'm in Tahoe getting the biggest storm of the year (déjà vu of last year's epic weather).

For those who know me well, I like to do something Super Fun for each day of my Birthday Month. Please don't get too envious today. I spent most of the day wrangling a snow blower (for the first time this season). But never fear, I will make up for the lost fun soon.
I'm so glad winter has finally begun!
And as typical for Tahoe, there was a very, very brief lull (just long enough for me to get my boots on to take this photo) in the storm and we had some blue sky.
For most of the day, my view was of snow flurries. It hasn't stopped. They said this storm will be measured in "feet not inches". This is exciting indeed.  Happy Miracle March from blizzardly Lake Tahoe.

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Happy Birthday Month!
The weather was your first birthday present.
Enjoy!
***

Unknown said...

Yeah...I never got the text so like a devoted student drove to LTCC for my spin class...I was the only one in the parking lot...I'll drive in just about anything...I didn't think the snow was that bad.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments