Dublin City for Steve's Birthday...

What an absolutely amazing place to celebrate a birthday... Dublin.  Local boy, James Joyce said, "When I die Dublin will be written in my heart."  After our thoroughly spectacular day, I can understand why.

We began with a stroll through the large Victorian park, St. Stephen's Green and then a tour around Trinity College, Ireland's oldest college (1592). It is also the home of beautiful architecture and rich history with its greatest attribute being the Book of Kells (AD 806).

We walked for miles trying to absorb all there was to see.  When hunger finally became too great, lunch was in Ireland's oldest pub, The Brazen Head (1198) where Steve had a Guinness and traditional Irish Stew.  All of it being delicious and perfect for a celebratory meal.

Our afternoon was spent learning about Irish whiskey at the Old Jameson Distillery set on the grounds of John Jameson's original distillery from 1780.  "There is no other whiskey quite like triple distilled, twice as smooth Jameson Irish Whiskey. And there's no other experience quite like the Old Jameson Distillery Tour."  Informative, entertaining and quite tasty.  It was something we felt introduced Ireland to all our senses. 

More meandering with downpours, followed by warm sunshine, made the day complete.  It was a quick explore leaving promises of another visit and memories of an unforgettable birthday for Steve.  Cad lá iontach!

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh crazy that you're in Dublin. I took one full year of British/Irish Literature and Dublin was always one of the main cities that was featured in the literature I read---I would TOTALLY love to go there! I love James Joyce quote you included :) xoxo xandra

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

Looks perfect, so glad Steve had a wonderful Birthday! Enjoy and keep the pictures and stories coming! We love them. Have a great weekend! XO

Four Points Bulletin said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVE!!! I wish I was there drinking, I mean sampling whiskey with you!
What a spectacular way to spend a birthday. I am glad you two had fun.
I just love the castles.
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments