The delightful road to DINGLE...

We left our cottage in the County of Cork and drove the delightful road to Dingle

Once cited as 'the most beautiful place on earth' by the National Geographic an appropriate accolade referring to the stunningly beautiful Dingle Peninsula.  It is Gaeltacht or an area where the Irish language is widely spoken in the home, workplace or school which gives it a very unique feel.

We will spend just one night in the main town, Dingle, a fishing village with a lively feel to it.  We are looking forward to an evening of traditional Irish music enjoyed with the locals.  More about that tomorrow!

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Many people don't realize that they named the town after their sheep's dingle berries. (Okay, it is a gross joke but I just had to.) Dingle. Haha.
I love the sheep crossing the road (there is a joke in there too but I bad joke is enough), and the cottage you are standing in front of, and you and Steve at the harbor! Looks like Steve is enjoying the trip...
***

mcantu said...

What a great place to be in Ireland!! Everytime you show a pub on the Haerr Blog, it reminds me of the year I taught in England! I went to pubs every week and fell in love with English beer, the best in the world (my personal opinion). I was spoiled for a year. When I came back to the states I couldn't stand some of America's beers (Budweiser, Coors, etc. - beers with so little flavor and body) any more (so little taste...).

Anonymous said...

Ooh how lovely! Love that cottage you're standing in front of, Denise! xoxo xandra

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments