Our Independence Day...

After a stroll through Spoleto, we barbecued a respectable Independence Day meal.  When I mentioned missing home and all that magnificent word symbolizes, our friend, Odile, gave me the right perspective:

Happy 4th of July... in a foreign land.
 
You might be missing home, because you miss your routine and what you are used to, and the people you know. The daily gestures of life, repeated for years, become a habit that we cannot part from. But I bet that you will be missing many of the Italian habits once you get back home.

You are living a wonderful adventure in Italy. Enjoy! November will be here soon enough!  In friendship.

Happy Birthday America!

posted under |

2 comments:

Chef Tom said...

HotDog-check, chips-check, watermelon-check, pasta, why not!
Looks like your Independence Day was complete, food wise anyway. Is that a cool beer sitting atop the plate there?

Anonymous said...

OMG that food looks SO GOOD! I love good ol' american food.
I can't believe we missed the fourth without even realizing it!
I did call my dad yesterday, his birthday, but it is not easy to keep track of what day it is. Time is melting away!
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments