Standing in the Sunflowers...

I've promised Steve that this last stop, in a field near Narni, is my last.  While I will lament their eventual wilting, I will have numerous photos to remind me of their beauty and cheer.

Why is the sunflower such a popular art form (and one I love so much)?

The sunflower plant has almost 'human-like' characteristics and dimensions. The face of the blooming sunflower can almost speak to you. For this reason, the sunflower was a favorite subject for Europe's greatest artists such as Van Gogh and Picasso. The sunflower continues to be a favorite art form for designers of fashion to the every-day coffee mug. It has, and continues, to stand the test of time.


"Keep your face to the sunshine
and you cannot see the shadow.
It's what sunflowers do."
-Helen Keller

posted under |

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pics!! Too bad there are sunflowers ruining the picture!
It just doesn't get old.
:)
***

Anonymous said...

Hi Denise and Steve,

I hope all is well with you.
I just want to say that I LOVE these pictures in the sunflower field. Beautiful.

Take care.

Odile

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments