A journalist for Vini nel Mondo...

This morning I arrived for the ceremonial ribbon cutting for Vini nel Mondo- "four days packed with information, tastings and festivity in the splendid setting of medieval Spoleto, which is opening up its streets, buildings and monuments to the culture of quality wine and to everyone who comes in search of it."

What I didn't realize was by being early, I had "crashed" the press conference presentation where dignitaries, authorities, partners, exhibitors and journalists were invited to learn about this year's Wines of the World.

So there I sat, in the second row, surrounded by people taking photographs and notes, blissfully delighting in it all.  When it was concluded, Asti champagne was served and a sponsorship gift bag was given out. 

It occurred to me that I had made such a huge mistake when I left the building to meet with my friend, Francesca and the guard would not let me back in because I didn't have press credentials.  Francesca claimed 'art critic status' and we were allowed to return to the festivities.  I was excited about this event before hearing all the promotional details and I look forward to being a part of this very proud Spoleto tradition.  Saluti!

posted under |

2 comments:

Chef Tom said...

That's right, just barge right on in....Good for you. ; P
Asti is great too.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, I think I should try this trick some time! Sounds like a fun mistake. Kind of like the time I was running on the beach and people started cheering for me and handing me water. Apparently I was running in a race! (I didn't win. Hahaha.)
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments