What Movie Impacted You?

As the hostess of this month's "Talking on Paper" writing group, and since the Academy Awards had just occurred, I chose the topic What movie had an impact on you? For five silence filled moments, the eleven of us wrote.

For as long as I can remember, I have been a cinephile and I have loved this movie since the first time I saw it.
Auntie Mame (1958), starring Rosalind Russell, had a line I have never forgotten, "Life's a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" Mame's philosophy was to thoroughly embrace life.  Savor, devour, explore, discover.

Along life's way, mistakes were made but any negative Mame transformed into a positive. This joie de vivre  intrigued me because my role models were very conservative and quite cautious. Mame accurately pointed out that life was one big feast and only ONE big feast. Sampling all the dishes lets one know what variety of goodness could be found on life's menu.

So at my banquet of life, I have sought a smorgasbord of delicacies with my dinner guests being as diverse as the courses served. I have made a life in which I will never be hungry. Auntie Mame would be proud.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments