More Books: Fact & Fiction...

My friend, Diana Hamilton, upon seeing my Denise book sent this photo with the comment, "I have this pile of Bodice busters, collected from yard sales and thrift shops, but have yet to read one... I've never been able to bring myself to read a Harlequin romance – maybe someday."

Fact: These were written by a real person. In 1987, British author, Diana Hamilton realized her dearest ambition—the publication of her first Harlequin/ Mills & Boon romance, Song in a Strange Land. Over the years, she wrote 50 romantic novels with titles like Hostage of Passion, A Husband's Price and so many more. Just look at my friend's collection. Funny stuff.
I was sent this fantastic (and enviable) photograph of a uniquely ordered collection of books, whose titles have been lined up to form this statement:

"The English Patient Had Caught It On the Beach. I Should Have Stayed Home She Said. Now She Was In Quarantine In the Dark House of Splendid Isolation. Still Hope Springs Eternal. With a Little Bit of Luck, Common Sense, And Personal Hygiene, The Corona Book of Horror Stories Must End Soon. Always Remember, Clean Hands Save Lives And When in Doubt, Don't Go Out!"

So here's the fiction: while all those titles are real books, this collection has been photoshopped to make this fabulous literary statement. One glaring error lies in the novel It. For the first mistake, It is a huge 1,138 page frightfest. Also, Stephen King's name was misspelled. Does any of that matter? I say heck no! The cleverness is admirable and shows a whole bunch of effort. In addition, I absolutely love this. Coolness in the time of COVID.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments