Another Reason I Blog: Savoring

I finished my fourth week of The Science of Well-Being and learned another reason I feel the need to blog. It has to do with savoring one's experiences.

From Professor Santos' lecture, I gleaned that "savoring is really important, it allows you to focus on that experience for even longer. According to scientific studies, it is experiences vs stuff that makes humans the happiest for the longest period of time. In a paper by Jose et al,  they found certain characteris enhance savoring. The first is that, you talk to another person about how good it felt, like you're having this wonderful experience and you tell somebody about it. The other is that you look for people to share it with, you amplify experience by being with other people. You think about how lucky you are, you feel gratitude for the experience, you share it later with others. You show physical expressions of energy like jumping around, like yelling. You sort of laugh or giggle because you like the experience so much. You think about how proud you were, specifically for positive experiences."

I share my life with you because I am grateful for it. I do savor it and I'm very giddy for all I am able to do. I feel fortunate, content and right now, I'm jumping around as I type this. I appreciate it all. "Life is good", she giggles exuberantly.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments