Viewing the Eclipse Vicariously...

I don't think we could be anywhere less conducive to seeing the Solar Eclipse. We are in a very rainy, way too far north, Anchorage, Alaska.

We feel very fortunate that our friends, Deb & Nick, have taken Flat Steve and Flat Denise along with them for their eclipse viewing (note they even have safety glasses for us). They are on a boat, outside of Charleston, SC. So dang fun!
Flat Steve so loved his onion, from the U-Pick farm in Palmer, that he brought it sailing to see the eclipse (a snack perhaps). Hysterical.
Younger son's in-laws were wearing the proper eye wear as they caught the eclipse in Oregon. So fun.

Also decked out in the proper ocular protection, and in Oregon, were Jan & Chris.
From Tahoe, I got this super cool photo of Lee. Look at the shadows on the ground. Can you see the crescent moons in them? So eclipse-y looking.
And to make certain we didn't feel too left out, we received this awesome image, captured by Brady who's in Idaho for the big event. The next annular solar eclipse, that can be seen in the continental United States, will be on October 14, 2023. Since we missed it and since it will be visible from Northern California, you're invited to our place next time! Thanks to all who shared this with us.

posted under |

3 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

I am not sure where you got your dates! It should be on April 8th, 2024!! I am already planning! I am addicted. It was one of the best (if not the most amazing) experiences of my life. I am not kidding. I will be under the path of totality in 7 years. I hope I can blog the even soon. It was worth sitting in insane amounts of traffic going home. Although in retrospect we should have just stayed in Idaho until 4am or so. What should have taken 2.5 hours took almost 9. :/

Karen Booth said...

But you won't be in the path of totality in seven years? Right? I wish I had been more tuned into the event. My Aunt in North Carolina was in the path of totality and I could have gone to visit her. But, who knew the weather would have been so great for most the of country. Lost opportunity :(

Unknown said...

Love the welding helmet and really cool pics of the crescent shadows.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments