Nous sommes des étudiants français

After being in Quebec and realizing knowing some French would have made our month-long sojourn there that much more rewarding, Steve and I have become community college students, once more, and are taking French 101.

This will not be easy for us as la langue française is tougher than our previous endeavor of Italian.
We are trés excited. I'll let you know how it goes.
For fun, these three flashback photos are from when Steve and I went to France in 1999. Oh my gosh, 25 years ago. This was his very first time there. I had been twice before. Once as a child with my family and also just the summer prior with a middle school EF tour.
Steve and I will be heading back to The City of Light, and beyond, this summer. This time I hope I will be able to say, "Je parle français".
There is nothing quite like Paris. If you were to ask me what is my favorite city, it would rank very close to #1 (Charleston and Chicago are vying for the top spot).

“The whole of Paris is a vast university of Art, Literature and Music. It is worth anyone’s while to dally here for years. Paris is a seminar, a post-graduate course in Everything.” -James Thurber

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments