Ike and Martin in Genoa...

I have a vast list of things I love. Three of them were combined tonight when we got to see Ike and Martin perform in the darling town of Genoa.

Just a little about this town. Genoa holds an important place in the history of Nevada and of the West. Explorers and trappers often made their way through this area, but it wasn't until June of 1851, when John Reese and his party built a trading post, that the area began to attract settlers and became a permanent settlement. Even more important, currently, is the fact that it hosts an amazing summer music season called Concerts on the Green with the second show being Ike and Martin.
The awesomeness of Ike and Martin was an early discovery after relocating to Tahoe. I reviewed my blog to see just how many times we rocked out with them. Steve and I were very surprised to see that we have witnessed their musical magic 25 times! Oh man, the memories.

Tonight's gang of Minions was a wonderful group of friends.
Steve and Cyndi.
Jan and Chris.
Steve and Laura (Day 3 of us being together).
These guys bring me joy. I love that about them. Here's a video of just a small sample of their talents. I can't wait for the next opportunity to enjoy them again.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments