Car Show & Lake Shore...

For Day #27 of my birthday month, we rolled into the town of Lake Havasu just in time for an amazing car show.

Called the Troop Box Convoy 3rd Annual Car and Bike Show, it was hosted by American Legion Auxiliary #81 with the noble purpose of helping fill and send troop boxes to deployed men and women in uniform.
Wow. Awesome cars and an awesome cause.
This was Steve's favorite.

I could love and appreciate them all.










Though this Jeep FJ Fleetvan was my favorite. A compact delivery van manufactured by Willys Motors and Kaiser-Jeep from 1961 to 1975, the right-hand-drive FJ-3s were made for the US Postal Service. This one from 1963 spoke to me. It could have been mine for $100,000 but Steve said no!


All vehicles were amazing, even those diamonds in the rough. What delightful ogling to be had.
We then got to ogle the Colorado River as we camped at Havasu Springs.
I want to wake up somewhere spectacular on my birthday. Steve chose well.
Here's to the end of this year! Smooth sailing ahead.

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

How funny. I spent my last birthday in Havasu too! Great minds think alike!! I talk to Eric often about what a fun 40th I had. Looks like you will be having a similar conversation with your husband.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments