Author Gary Noy Returns to the Library

Gary is one of my favorite storytellers and his presentations never cease to inform and entertain.

Join us as Sierra College historian and Sierra Nevada native son Gary Noy presents an illustrated lecture on unusual and lesser-known stories of Sierra Nevada history, with a special focus on California Gold Rush drinking, dining and gambling habits and an historical surprise or two about Lake Tahoe. The presentation is based upon material from Noy’s book Sierra Stories: Tales of Dreamers, Schemers, Bigots and Rogues which will be available for sale and signing; and from his upcoming book Gold Rush Stories: 49 Tales of Seekers, Scoundrels, Loss and Luck, which will be released in early 2017.
I always say if I would have had a history teacher like Gary, when I was in college, I would have done so much better. I learn a great deal each time I hear him speak.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments