Scenes of Savannah...

Day #2 in Savannah was eclectic indeed...a morning stroll at the riverfront...more cemetery exploration...resting a spell on Forrest Gump's park bench... a visit to the Pirates House (1753). 

An afternoon drive took us to Tybee Island Light Station, one of the nation's oldest and tallest lighthouses.  We then met Paula Deen's brother, Bubba (yes, that is really him) at his restaurant where we had sumptuous Southern cooking while an intense storm raged on outside. 

Shopping in ended our visit... who doesn't need butt rub/massage?  According to Paula's website, "We use this seasoning at my restaurants when preparing our Boston butts."  Hmmm.  Our Savannah sojourn was a great escape from our escape!

Now you wouldn't believe me if I told you,
but I could run like the wind blows.
From that day on, if I was ever going somewhere, I was running!
-Forrest Gump

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments