Camping in Ohio's Coal Country

After 349 miles of scenic I-70 we have stopped for the night at Barkcamp State Park which lies in the heart of the coal-mining region of Ohio.

The forested beauty does not disclose any of its conflicted history, logging camps or active mining.  It's just our home for the night where "the woodlands explode with flowering dogwood and redbud blossoms.  Songbirds, squirrels, skunk, opossum, raccoon, white-tailed deer and the wild turkey take up residence in the park's varying habitats." 
And
where Steve and I hope to get a great night's sleep.

posted under |

2 comments:

lawrence said...

had a great day for it being my last year of my 40's next year it will be the big 50 wow

lawrence said...

how about all the rain I hpe you are aal safe and dry

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments