Went for Bananas, Got a Vaccine...

My first case of pneumonia was when I was 40 and I had never been more ill. With two young sons at home, I couldn't afford to be sidelined. Ever since, I have made certain to stay current on my pneumococcal shots. When Jenny said they now do them every 5 years, and the pharmacist confirmed it, I thought I better hop on this vaccination train.

The pneumonia vaccine protects against a kind of bacteria, unfortunately not the coronavirus caused pneumonia. That said, it can support overall health and that is a very good thing (and comforting to me). If you're over 65, or have a history of lung issues, you might consider getting more than bananas the next time you're at the grocery store. That's my public service announcement for today!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments