I Had the FLU...

I've been silent due to the fact I've been under the weather. I awoke on Wednesday with a fever after a night of chills. Normally the flu isn't such a big deal but when one thinks "if I could get the flu, I could totally get the coronavirus." It is frightening.

My first course of action was to book a COVID test. The second, and wisest, was to call TELEMED. After describing my symptoms, the doctor mainly advised me to get tested.

That's where advocating for myself came in. I requested a prescription for Tamiflu, a drug that has worked wonders for Steve in the past. IF you take it within 48 hours of first feeling ill, it lessens all of the flu's debilitating symptoms and shortens the duration of the virus. At $100, it is a costly gamble but my brilliant husband found a coupon, making this powerful pill affordable ($39).

After just one dose, I felt much better. The doctor said that if it was COVID, it would not have an impact. I was hopeful...

And right, it turns out.
The result of your COVID-19 Nasal RT-PCR test that was administered on 11/18/2020 is Negative. Your Public Health Department has been notified of this result as required by law. If you feel well and do not have a fever or cough, you may go about your normal activity abiding by your state and local health department recommendations.

Here's to more handwashing and hopefully staying healthier from here on out.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments