Vintage Greeting Card With History...

I love vintage and when I found this greeting card nestled in a box of other cards purchased at a garage sale, I knew I found a treasure.

I also knew I had some research to do.
This Charm Craft greeting card was published (most likely pre-1950), by the Braun Art Publishing Company.
The Braun Art Publishing Company was established in Cleveland, Ohio in 1904. It was also a prolific publisher of postcards "of regional view-cards of the Cleveland area in tinted halftones."
Through all my research, I could find nothing about this company though according to the back of the above postcard, I would have loved it thoroughly. What's not to love about a company that has "the finest selection of everyday and holiday english and foreign language greeting cards available... and a complete line of everyday and holiday gift wrap paper, ties, ribbon, seals and scotch tape." Oh man, my kind of store! And they had their own postcard. WOW.

"Greeting cards help people everywhere
express their innermost thoughts and feelings,
enhance meaningful relationships
and celebrate life's milestones and special occasions.
-American Greetings Company Perspective (also a Cleveland company)

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments