LOVING the USPS Right Now...

In an effort to not only support our United States Postal Service but also to satisfy my need to create while reaching out, I've been crafting love notes.

This is my dining room table/office. It has looked this way for days. Since we're not entertaining, there's not much incentive to tidy.
There are 37 pieces of postal love in this box that was sent last week.
The last fews days I've focused less on quantity and more on quality. I even recycled. The cute 'card' is actually a very decorative envelope my Canadian penpal sent which I cut open to repurpose into a greeting card. CLEVER me.
It's pretty wonderful to find something that brings one joy which also brings joy to others. That's exactly how I feel about snail mail.

“It's funny; in this era of e-mail and voice mail
and all those things that even I did not grow up with,
a plain old paper letter takes on amazing intimacy.”
-Elizabeth Kostova


This envelope contains a thank you note to my doctor's receptionist. I thought the 1960 image was perfect.

“I've always felt there is something sacred in a piece of paper
that travels the earth from hand to hand, head to head, heart to heart."
-Robert Michael Pyle

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

I loved seeing some cards I received in the photos!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments