National Thrift Shop Day...

I absolutely love getting good deals and will visit a Thrift Store any time I can (when safe). It's a treasure hunt! I also love any unique holiday to celebrate.

Nearly every town in the United States offers a thrift shop or second-hand store so there’s no excuse not to celebrate. While on our latest road trip, we explored stores in a few towns. Treasures were indeed found.
For today's big event, we went to our local Goodwill and instead of leaving with items, we donated.
In honor of National Thrift Shop Day, I thought I'd share some of my most favorite recent acquisitions. While this 1960's gem doesn't work yet, this Corsair Series Smith-Corona-Marchant plastic portable typewriter was made in England and designed by a team comprising of esteemed New York industrial designers David Oscar Chase and Philip H. Stevens, along with design engineer Robert S. Metzner. Cool!
I have added this vintage (1976) Scrabble Travel Edition, by Selchow and Righter, to my embarrassingly large Scrabble collection. I don't think this game has ever been played. So dang awesome.
Hello, my name is Denise and I once loved Bobby Sherman. This was one of the first albums I ever owned. WOW. What a memory evoker.
1970's With Love, Bobby (The Scrapbook Album) has all my favorite songs from 50 years ago. Even Bobby's scrapbook was still inside. What a find.
I bought this cool, unused, double-sided Impossipuzzle of beans & brussel sprouts for $2. I looked it up on amazon and had to share this review:
"Tough puzzle. Thick coated cardboard, larger than average pieces. Pieces match up well, but are easy to dislodge if not careful. Got the edges done in an evening, but still working on the body after 2 weeks of passive evening wind-down. Paid WAY too much for this (more than $40) and came in a package with price tag of $7.99-THAT was more aggravating than the puzzle."
I love Charleston and what a cool souvenir I found in Idaho.

Over the years, our fabulous finds have ran the gamut of everything you could imagine purchasing at a Thrift Store. We enjoy supporting the organizations which use the funds to help the unfortunate while I have so much fun on the best scavenger hunt ever. I can't wait until life resumes enough that this hobby feels safe again.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments