Flashback: 'Princess Diana' & Me...

Twenty three years ago, Monday, the light that was Princess Diana was extinguished in a dark tunnel in Paris. I was way too young to remember where I was the day Kennedy was shot, but I'll never forget the day we received the news of Diana's untimely death (she was just 36). As the mother of young sons, it hit incredibly hard and when I think about it now, the sadness of it all returns.

Five years later, we celebrated my 40th in Las Vegas with a visit to Madame Tussaud's and an opportunity to meet Diana. It gave us the chance to learn about her life as a young girl, married woman, mother, style icon and how she became the people’s princess. It was a lesson that made her feel real and very here. I still miss her unique goodness.

“They say it is better to be poor and happy
than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise
like moderately rich and just moody?”
– Princess Diana

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments