My Broken Neck Follow Up #4...

After a highly anticipated, hopeful three months, I have the results of my CT scan from yesterday after today's appointment with my Orthopedist. Yes, I am still in my brace and will be for the next eight weeks. Not exactly the answer I was hoping for but there it is!

That said, the news is actually good and the doctor was very happy with how well I have progressed. My 5.5 mm break is now at 2.4 mm. He feels that I'm out of the daily fear of paralysis but cautioned that breaks like this don't always heal completely.
So bottom line is we are going to slowly wade back into our life, conservatively making plans. We'll continue to be cautious and thoroughly thankful that things are as good as they are.

I just wanted to share and to tell you how grateful I am for your support and concern. Happiest of Thanksgivings to you and yours!

posted under |

1 comments:

Lisa in Canada said...

congratulations Denise! That is fantastic news!!! I know it isn't the full recovery you had hoped for but it is really great progress. Sitting with gratitude will get you far.

Very happy to hear you are on the mend! Lisa xo

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments