Gratitude: Better Late Than Never

As I've mentioned previously, I'm spending my confinement at home reminiscing with my family's old photos. I wanted to share a letter I wrote to my oldest brother's ex-wife, the mother of his two children. I woke up the other day, compelled to snail mail her. I thought it was worth sharing as a reminder that it is never too late to thank someone.

My Mom & Wendy (her first grandchild) c. 1975
Dear Marcia,

Recently we were able to dig out some old treasured photos. Numerous, amazing photos of your babies were included. I gathered many of them and sent them on to Brett and Wendy.

As a grandma who doesn't get to see her grands nearly enough, I can only imagine what joy those images gave my parents [who lived 3,000 miles away]. You were a thoughtful daughter-in-law, as evidenced by all you sent (complete with dates and names clearly written on the back of each image).

I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated all you shared. I never realized how powerful it was then but I certainly do now.

With gratitude,
           Denise

“What I like about photographs
is that they capture a moment that’s gone forever,
impossible to reproduce.”
– Karl Lagerfeld

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments