My Nephelococcygia Day...

One of my favorite pastimes is nephelococcygia: the act of seeking and finding shapes in clouds.

Since it was a beautiful Fall day, and since I have to get horizontal every few hours, I decided to lay about in our front yard. Here was my view and I just had to share.
 "If you use your imagination,
you can see lots of things in the cloud formations."
-Charles M. Schulz
 "When we feel stuck, look at the sky.
The clouds remind us that everything changes."
"Clouds come floating into my life,
no longer to carry rain or usher storm,
but to add color to my sunset sky."
-Rabindranath Tagore

posted under |

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see why, as young as you were, you remember your first flight so clearly.

My first flight was in my late twenties. My family had traveled to visit my grandmother in Georgia, but never by airplane.

John and I flew to Los Angeles to attend the funeral of my father's aunt. "Auntie Blanche" was the California grandmother figure in my family.

I was quite impressed and haven't lost my awe yet of so many people zipping through the air every day.

Kay

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments