It's the Simple Things...

Today was one of my best days in the last 11½ weeks. I actually felt like my previous self (who I have missed). At times, if I stood at just the right position, I even forgot I was wearing a neck brace, but just ever so briefly. It was awesome and hopeful. I was extremely happy and I want to share the little things that made me so.

I was due for my annual fasting labs and since I only leave the house for medical issues, out we went. And since we were out, and I was famished, Steve took me to breakfast. I was absolutely giddy. What fun it was just to be outing & abouting.
I wanted to also show you my wonderful collection of Get Well cards received. This is a view that encourages me every day.
Not to stress anyone out, but I have finished my Holiday Card Prep. Ah but when to send? This is what I found (I am so ready):

Sending Christmas cards out during the holidays can be simple if you begin early. If you want your recipients to have enough time to enjoy your family’s cheer before the holiday frenzy and ugly Christmas sweater parties begin, start your Christmas card mailing process 3 weeks in advance of Christmas day. Family and friends are usually overloaded with cards and gifts the week of Christmas so it’s always a smart idea to avoid what we like to call, the “Christmas Card Rush”.
I haven't felt much like reading, as of late, but picked up this book and just couldn't put it down. The Little Paris Bookshop has pretty much everything I needed for lazy days of reading. “Books, the only remedy for countless, undefined afflictions of the soul.” - Nina George
Steve said the sweetest thing, "I feel bad when I leave you at home and I don't get into a car accident, knowing you could have come with me." Until we know I'm healed, we just can't take a chance but it was a super sweet sentiment, nonetheless.
It makes we happy to eye spy unique things in nature. Isn't this a cool spider?
It has been unseasonably warm here (80°+ most days). It has allowed flowers to stay blooming and porch sitting to happen for hours. I am so delighting in all of the simple things.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments