Our three days in Venice...

There is no way to fully explain our experience in Venice so I thought I'd try to let some photos do the task for me.

It was three days of absorption... We took water taxis to the island of Murano to learn about the amazing art of glassblowing.  We were impressed on Burano with the beautifully painted homes (we were told that the fishermen would drink too much, while at sea, and the different, brightly colored houses would help them find their way back) and the intricate lace work the women did there.

We went to an organ concert at the
Santa Maria Gloriosa dei Frari, one of the greatest churches of Venice. The church is notable for its many masterpieces of Venetian Renaissance art (Titian and Donetello).

We meandered over many bridges and got lost in the hidden passageways.  It was three days of exploring, relishing and admiring the architecture and magic of this fantastic Italian jewel.

posted under |

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have inspired me to make it to Venice!!! Beautiful and the other islands. By the way you look awesome Denise!! Check out Xandra's blog in Japan, she is there one week already. Time goes by way too fast!! Glad for your adventures, and so happy you are able to do this together. I am home base here but thinking of all my adventurers in one place or another traveling around the globe!!
Deborah

Anonymous said...

What wonderful places to be....can't wait to hear about them in person. The pictures look fabulous and I seem to recognize a couple of other people in those pics! "Hi" to all.

Living vicariously through you!

Keri

Anonymous said...

I am glad you enjoyed yourself. All of your pictures show what a grand time you had.
Did you eat any tiramisu? I had one of my favorite tiramisu desserts in Venice. I look forward to trying to find it again. :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments