Ogres and heroes...story time!

I heard the singsong voices of the Italian children long before I came upon them on the way to the library.  I raced passed in order to greet them as they arrived for story time.

I wrote about this unique experience in December.  On quite a few occasions, I was there as a helper for the children's librarian, Clara.  Today, it was a darling group of four year olds there to learn about the biblioteca and hear the retelling and then reenact the tale of Tom Thumb.  Warja Lavater created Le Petit Poucet using only symbols on over 12 feet of accordion folded paper.  Her work continues to be the most unique, imaginative children's book I've seen.  It delighted us all.

Some day you will be old enough
to start reading fairy tales again.
-C.S. Lewis

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments