A Day in Umbria...
We began the day at Assisi for 10:30 AM mass.
When everyone turned to shake hands and say "And Peace be with you", I thought that it was a wonderful sentiment to say to someone!
The sights around Assisi are spectacular!
We luck out by getting the last table for lunch at Trattoria Pallottia.  Our waiter was very patient with our Italian and the food was exceptional.
Could we look any happier?!  We did get the last table.
I have had the best vegetarian dishes here!
I found an interesting concert in the borgo of Villanova in the Commune di Marsciano called "Quintetto Saxarco".
After being extremely lost in the Umbrian countryside, we arrived happy and enthralled with the beauty of this treasure of a little church in this town of 197 inhabitants.
We were all so surprised by the quality of these musicians.  The pieces they picked were exceptional.  I think my favorite was by the Spanish composer, Pedro Iturralde (1929-).  The song of his they played was Pequena Czarda (little dance) .  Ave Maria was the only song, sung.  At that very moment we were very cognizant of being in Italy. 

posted under |

2 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

'And peace be with you'... they stole that from Star Wars! They must be a fan of the movie. Or was that 'force' hmmm... I will have to check with Freddy. :)
I love that everytime you post pictures of your area there is always something new to see. I especially love the roof top picture.

Deb Bako said...

All I can say is spectacular!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments