Watching TV... Denise Style

I love watching movies and certain television programs. With my new 'predicament' however, sitting up for long periods of time causes me grief. The only relief is to get horizontal (something I do several times a day).

My sweet husband bought me these stylish Prism Glasses (thank goodness for Amazon). These specs are optical glasses that allow me to watch TV while lying flat on my back (my happiest position to be in). The only drawback is the fact that they are incredible heavy and they leave divots in my nose (hence the yellow foam earplug absorbing some of the weight). No one said this healing process was going to be pretty!
And what are we watching you might ask. We are hooked on the series This is Us. We cry every night but at least it isn't for any personal reasons. Oh man, what a ride this show is.

posted under |

1 comments:

Denise said...

I guess I underestimate the value of my "old-school" OT practice. Because I was thinking that prism glasses may help you. We used them years ago when cervical fractures had to be strapped to a bed for months. The bed rotated and they were facing the floor at times. This was to prevent pressure sores.
By the time I was in practice, this was mostly replaced by using halos. Screws put in the skull, attached to a circular halo and attached to a very solid jacket. So you should feel lucky! Well, luckier... I'll leave you to look up those previous practices. Anyway, when I saw you holding your book up in the air to read it, I thought of prism glasses. You can try them for reading when you hold the book on your chest. May need to adjust the distance. Can use a book holder, or cookbook holder. Hang in there!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments