Me on TV: Scrabble 1987

As most people know, I'm a huge fan of Scrabble. Not many people remember the television game show of that same name or the fact that I was a contestant on it! BUT what fun.

Scrabble was an American television game show, based on the Scrabble board game, which ran on and off from 1984 to 1993. Chuck Woolery was the host and Charlie Tuna was the announcer.
The original 1984–90 version was the very first successful board-game-turned-game-show in history.
I won $500 and could have done so much better, but seriously, it is harder than it looks. I was an awesome contestant when I was home playing from the safety of my couch!
What's incredible is me finding the complete video of my time on Scrabble on YouTube. I have never seen it, in its entirety, because when it aired, it was preempted by the Iran-Contra Affairs Hearing. Yes, my 15 minutes of fame was never seen on NBC. At the time, I felt really disappointed. How awesome it is to watch this slice of my past, 32 years later. Wow.
 
"Floating in a lake,
lying in a hammock,
playing a bit of Scrabble...
that's what I'm in need of."
-Karen Walker

posted under |

2 comments:

Denise said...

OMG. That was hysterical. You were so funny. Correcting Chuck. I don't recall ever seeing that show. Didn't go to the bonus but you beat the current champ the first round! OK, so I'm thinking you weren't married since you went by maiden name but then said you had a baby and then when he saw your ring you said you were married. Thought we had a little scandal on our hands. But then I remembered we didn't all take our husband's name. Women's lib!! I kept maiden name professionally for awhile.

Jenny said...

Love this! You are so quick! I was trying to guess along with you but couldn't keep up. What would your time have been if you nailed Tires? Your mega shoulder pads of the 1980's crack me up. Stylin' girl! Fun video.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments