Our Temecula Nature Hike...

One of the best cures for whatever may ail you is Vitamin N (nature). Temecula is surrounded with numerous preserves and hiking trails. Since I'm staying off the road for awhile, we have discovered nature in our own housing tract. Today, I decided to bring my camera to share it.

This path meanders alongside a flood control basin. I love the birdsong that emanates from it.

Our elevation change comes from a Water District road leading to a tower. This dirt path is lined with wildflowers. It delights us that so much is still in bloom. Temecula has an amazing inventory of native plant species. Wow.
Note the cool spider lurking below the flower. I did not discover him until I viewed this photo on my computer. I love those surprises.
Everyone knows how I feel about butterflies!




I've seen this hawk several times. My goal is to get a better image of him. He is so gorgeous.
"Butterflies are self propelled flowers."
-R.H. Heinlein

"Those who contemplate the beauty of the Earth
find reserves of strength
that will endure as long as life lasts."
-Rachel Carson

posted under |

1 comments:

Nesbit Library rocks! said...

That hawk photo wasn't bad!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments