"On Doing Nothing"

Over the past six weeks, since fracturing my neck, I have been given numerous and varied books to read. When I opened my most recently received package, I laughed. Barb knows me well.

"In an age of obsessive productivity and stress, this illustrated ode to idleness invites readers to explore the pleasures and possibilities of slowing down. Beloved author and illustrator Roman Muradov weaves together the words and stories of artists, writers, philosophers, and eccentrics who have pursued inspiration by doing less. He reveals that doing nothing is both easily achievable and absolutely essential to leading an enjoyable and creative life. Cultivating idleness can be as simple as taking a long walk without a destination or embracing chance in the creative process. Peppered with playful illustrations, this handsome volume is a refreshing and thought-provoking read."

Since idleness has never been a part of who I am, I look forward to this book guiding me through the next several months of healing. I'm going to need all the help I can get.

"How beautiful it is to do nothing,
and then to rest afterward."   
Spanish Proverb

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments