Summer Reading...

Since I'm really suppose to take it easy, something I dislike immensely, I decided to do some guilt-free reading.

When I told my book buddy, Karen, I had finished two books since breaking my neck she wrote, "There's always (usually) a flip side to bad news!" I so agree!
Neither of my reading choices was all puppies & rainbows- a genre I am usually drawn to. Yet, both introduced me to unique characters and scenarios. South of Broad transported me to one of my favorite cities- Charleston. I do love Pat Conroy and his ability to tell a fabulous tale.
The Ladies' Lending Library had some disturbing storylines but ultimately, it was the story of friendships and loving people for who they are.

“Few things linger longer or become more indwelling
than that feeling of both completion and emptiness when a great book ends.
That the book accompanies the reader forever
from that day forward is part of literature's profligate generosity.”
― Pat Conroy, My Reading Life

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments