More Summer Reading...

If books were candy, I'd have a serious weight problem at the rate I'm eating/ reading. I have to agree with Colleen Hoover, who wrote in Hopeless, “I'm pretty sure my addiction to reading has just reached a whole new level.”

I've had the goal to read To Kill a Mockingbird for as long as I can remember. Wow... what was I waiting for? Seriously, this is one of the best novels I have ever devoured. There is so much about this story I would love to discuss. If this book has sat on your bookstand too long, pick it up, savor this amazing literary treasure and let's get together with a cup of coffee and talk about.

What's cool about my actual copy is the fact that I purchased this obviously unread book at our South Lake Tahoe Friends of the Library Book Sale. This is a special 50th Anniverary Edition (published in 2010). This 9 year old novel still had its original receipt, hidden within. On June 17th, 2010, the previous owner bought it at the Salt Lake City Airport for $13.88. Interesting right?
No one can say my reading selection is not diverse! Believe it our not, this book was a real page-turner. Since no one here will play my favorite game with me, I had the opportunity to live vicariously over 213 interesting pages. Word Nerd: Dispatches from the Games, Grammar, and Geek Underground is accurately described, "In this zany, one-of-a-kind memoir, former executive director of the National SCRABBLE Association John D. Williams Jr. brings to life the obsessions, madness, and glory of the SCRABBLE® culture―from living-room players to world champions." What great guilt free reading!!!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments