My Broken Neck Follow Up...

I'm sorry if anyone misunderstood my previous post. I am not paralyzed and everything on me is still working. Today was my highly anticipated post-ER visit appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon.


The doctors stand by the decision that was made at the ER, while a Jefferson Fracture is bad, no ligaments or arteries are in danger currently (they show no interest in the non-displaced C5 & C6 vertebrae fractures).
About my doctor: Dr. Z is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in the surgical and nonsurgical management of cervical, thoracic, and lumbar spine disorders. He emphasizes nonoperative management, recommending surgery only when conservative measures have failed. If surgical treatment is necessary, he uses minimally invasive methods whenever possible. I feel that I'm in good hands.
My condition will be monitored. At this point, the prescription is to wear my brace for the next three months, closely watching the healing process. While not completely out of hot water, the doctor is hoping I will heal properly within several months. I just have to be cautious, walk carefully, and slow down a bit. Wish me luck!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments