1st Hair Wash in 14 Days...

My neck fracture event has involved a series of errors, some extremely dangerous (my misdiagnosis), some ill-advised (prescribing Advil which hampers bone growth) and some just inconvenient (not receiving a showering collar and replacement pads for my current brace). Maybe when this is all over, I'll write about all of this more thoroughly. In the meantime, let's celebrate the good!
This is me and my Philadelphia waterproof collar in the ER. Where art thou now?
Yesterday, my replacement pads arrived which meant I needed to remove my brace in order to exchange them. Since the showering collar we ordered hasn't come, we decided to take hair washing into our own hands (note the protective trash bag covering my not waterproof collar in the last photo). I have never gone this long without having clean hair. It has been disgusting.
This is my hair at almost two weeks dirty!
I read a great blog entitled "13 Weird Things that Happen When You Don't Wash Your Hair for Two Days." Besides me feeling ooky about it, I do have the only plus from the list, "For some lucky folks, going a day or two without shampoo results in gloriously thick and voluminous hair." Still, I feel so much better clean. It really is the simple things that make life wonderful.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments