Vikingsholm Volunteering...

As anyone who knows me knows, Emerald Bay is my happy place. Since our very first summer in Tahoe, we have been volunteers with the California State Parks to share our magical spot with people who otherwise wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

For those who can't hike the one mile down (and three miles back up) steep gravel path to the Hidden Castle, special arrangements can be made to reach the Vikingsholm area. As a Parks volunteer, I guide cars of disabled guests down a scenic and private road to the Bay. It is an incredibly rewarding job for me which I look forward to every summer.






While I didn't walk to the top, Lower Eagle Falls were roaring. Wow.
While my guests toured Vikingsholm Castle and played in Emerald Bay, I meandered about answering tourists' questions and delighting in all the area had to offer. This is truly a happy and magical place. Iđź’™Tahoe!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments