Malcolm Tibbitts: Wood Turner

When we learned that this talented artist would be meeting fans at a local art gallery, we knew we had to go and learn more about his craft.

Margaret and Lee were up for a stroll, so we all went together to marvel at this man's work.
About Malcolm from his website, "I assembled my first two pieces of wood together at age five in my granddad’s workshop. He certainly passed on his love for woodworking; I’ve been a lifelong worker of wood ever since. In the mid 90’s, after building many furniture pieces, literally filling a house with handmade furniture, and after acquiring a shop full of tools, my woodworking journey took me to the wonderful world of segmented woodturning – a truly unique art form."
He spent a great deal of time explaining the science behind his masterpieces. What a very interesting art moment.

Malcolm is a rock star in the wood turning world and as it turns out, a really nice guy, too.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments