My Two Favorite Cars...

I'm not one who needs a new car. I tend to drive them until they die (with over 100,000 miles on the odometer). That said, there are two incredibly unique vehicles that are my absolute favorites and I longingly miss them, to this day! Our unloading of our storage unit has revealed some wonderful photographic memories. Be prepared for numerous flashbacks.

This 1973 Volkswagen Thing was so impractical for a college girl's car but oh my, what a fun ride. Everyone should have a convertible at least once in their lives and this was mine. Oh, the memories.
Red, my 1955 Oldsmobile 88, was a souvenir we picked up on some little side street in Fairfield. We loved this car and had the outfits to match (letterman jacket, saddle shoes, the whole shebang).

I look back on both these treasures and lament the fact that we sold them. I know we had our reasons but those excuses have long since faded. The memories live on, however. Fun stuff!

posted under |

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Where is the pic in the time period accessories? By now, I expect you to have a photo for every story :)

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments