Plan Your Garden Early and Prepare for a Growing Summer Season...

Tonight's Friends of the Library presentation was conducted by Carolyn, a 'local' since 1953 and, as she puts it, "not as a horticultural expert, but mostly a veteran of the challenges of high altitude gardening."
I was totally out of my element as everything from, when to plant, to how to keep voles away was eagerly discussed.  I joke that I have a 'black' thumb but it is so very true.  The one tip she gave that I thought made great sense was, "Don't put a $5 plant in a 50¢ hole.
Carolyn enlightened many of us and was great fun to listen to.  She is very passionate about gardening, as was most of the audience.  Everyone took notes and appreciated her wisdom.
I included this beautiful plant because it is growing in our yard.  It came with the house and no matter what I do, or don't do, it continues to reappear.  It, and Carolyn, give me gardening hope!

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments