Barton Health's Mom's Morning Out

There was no way I was going to miss this incredible day, “Our ultimate goal, while not just providing a place where moms can go to relax, but also provide opportunities to learn about the importance of taking care of themselves at all stages of their lives. That’s why we have invited local businesses to join with us in offering resources, dialogue and activities for overall wellness."

At 8:30 AM, armed with mimosas, we took a Tibetan Heart Yoga class.  This is a practice where one works from the inside, and the outside. We worked from the outside with our pranayama (breathing) and asana (posture); and we worked from the inside with our thoughts and intentions. The emphasis was on compassion and it was surprisingly poignant and emotional for me.  I truly embraced it all.
Breakfast was followed by a morning of pampering.  I was a day of firsts.  It began with the most rewarding, ten-minute chair massage.  I was relaxed and energized.  That was followed by a fabulous facial with the last amazing treat being a Thai massage (which includes assisted stretching).  I felt like a queen and had a total renewed vigor.
I needed that vigor because our day ended with “Jump Start your Day!” by KAIA F.i.t.
After a great lecture on nutrition and well-being, Nikki took us outside and almost killed Jenny and meWhat a great motivator.
I really appreciated this day of womanness.  Its impact on me was greater than I anticipated and I eagerly await next year's event!

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

How fun. What an event! While you were doing yoga, I was doing pilates. And while you were having brunch I was buying discounted liquor at Vons. What? It was almost 11. Kidding. It was funny because I was on my bike and only stepped in for popsicles, but when I saw a cart of 50% alcohol I loaded my bike up! Thank God for my basket. I love my bike.
I am glad you had a good pre-mothers day. What is the actual mother's day plan?
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments