Japanese Guests...

For years, the Temecula Sister City Association's relationship with Daisen-Nakayama was my passion.  I was the liaison between the school there and here.  I coordinated visits and even lead a student group to Japan in 2005, so when I learned the group would be visiting when I was in Temecula, I had to visit with them.
The only way for the students to express themselves, while in uniform, are their shoes.  I love it!
The earnestness of the exchange students and the affect of sharing their culture with the children of Temecula has been a special part of summers here for 18 years.  I am happy that the program flourishes.  I have so many happy memories of it all.
The entire purpose of the organization is to promote peace. To quote former President Eisenhower who founded Sister Cities International, "You don't go to war with your friends."

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Love the Eisenhower quote, and the SHOES!! Such a great shot.
What great timing you had to be in town for it...
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments