Renaissance Faire Day 2...

Our second day at the Valhalla Renaissance Faire was much slower due to it being Sunday.  We planned our volunteer shifts to be able meander more and to see some of the events.  The Jousting Tournament was rowdy, dirty and a whole lot of entertainment.  Capt. Jack Sparerib was a comedian, magician and ventriloquist.  We ended our day, being captivated by him.

I read,
"A Renaissance faire is just an excuse to wear funny clothing and run amok."  While I have to agree with that statement, it is far more than that.  It's a place where people of all walks of life can gather, laugh, and are accepted for their uniqueness.  It's where people are given permission to play and pretend.  I think it's the perfect place to escape and I enjoyed every interesting moment of it.  S'wounds!

posted under |

1 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

Besides in Italy with you I have only been to one other Renaissance Fair... and I felt very out of place. Those people are VERY "unique".
I did not, however, eat any food. Did you have some meat on a bone while you were meandering?
***

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments