A day of Family & Friends...










My day began in Fallbrook having a long breakfast with my girlfriend, Brady at the quaint Wayside Café.  Delicious food and even more delectable conversation ensued.  It was the perfect start to my morning.

Next stop was at my daughter-in-law's family home.  Her mom, Julie, owns a nursery and has the greenest thumb of anyone I know.  To meander through her greenhouses was invigorating.  I loved the lesson on plant care and the time we spent together, catching up.

Dinner was at the folks' with the nephews and their gals for a barbecue, much laughter and a belated birthday celebration for Steve's dad.  All in all, a very wonderful visit "home".
Shod with wings is the horse of him who rides
On a Spring day the road that leads to home.
-Bai Juyi

posted under |

3 comments:

Four Points Bulletin said...

You forgot to mention the delicious egg's benedict with avocado... SO GOOD!
I am glad we split that meal. :) It was great to catch up. I am glad that we can still get together even though you live so far away now!
I didn't realize that Julie owned a nursery. How cool!
Happy late birthday to Ross. It looks like a successful BBQ!
***

Celina said...

I have your AMAZING, so interesting and complete blog now!
Yesterday was a wonderful day, and I'm glad to had meet you.

My blog is :
http://americangirl.over-blog.fr/

You will find in "on the road" and then "Temecula and Palm Springs" a video of the glider plane we talked about... You should do it! So much fun!

PS : I will not forget to make a reservation in the special restaurant!

Célina, Joel's girlfriend, the French girl.

Nick and Deb's Excellent Adventure said...

Green thumb indeed, I wish I was that good! Looks beautiful, I bet it was nice to get back to see your family and friends. But let's face it you make friends everywhere you go! That is what I love about you two the most!

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments