Boat Camping in Emerald Bay: Morning

I awoke at 4:22 AM and decided to embrace the magicalness and stargazed until my boatmates were awake, too.

I watched the moon set behind Desolation. Wow.




“Sunrise looks spectacular in the nature;
sunrise looks spectacular in the photos;
sunrise looks spectacular in our dreams;
sunrise looks spectacular in the paintings,
because it really is spectacular!
― Mehmet Murat ildan


“And at the end of the day,
your feet should be dirty,
your hair messy
and your eyes sparkling.”
– Shanti


As we were leaving, we spotted smoke on Emerald Point. Bob called the police to confirm it wasn't a prescribed fire. It wasn't. Someone had started the fire and there was a full response on its way.
Bob stopped the boat and headed to the fire to see if he could help at all. There was one ranger there and told Bob he should not be there. He left after offering his help and taking this photo.
We stayed until we saw the Fire Department boat arrive.
This Fire Alert photo shows our boat, a small white dot on the right shore below the smoke plume. Wild and very scary. The .25 acre was contained surprisingly quickly. Thankfully there wasn't any wind.
My long awaited campout, with my dear friends, in my happy place, was all I had hoped for and more! I am one happy camper.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments