Postcrossing: My New Thing

Some things call my name and Postcrossing is one of them.

What is Postcrossing? The goal of this project is to allow anyone to send and receive postcards from all over the world! The idea is simple: for each postcard you send, you will receive one back from a random postcrosser from somewhere in the world.

Why? Simply because, like its founder, there are lots of people who like to receive real mail. Receiving postcards from different places in the world can turn a mailbox into a box of surprises — and who wouldn't like that?
The first addressee I was given was in Germany, 5,426 miles away. Monika was an experienced postcrosser having sent and received almost 2,000 postcards. Wow. Interestingly, these expert mailers have wish lists of what type of image they desire. I hoped I had chosen well. I didn't realize I would get feedback about my particular mailing.
This is the feedback and my image. It turns out that Monika liked it so much she deemed it a favorite. What encouragement! Now that she has received mine, and documented it, I will receive one. The anticipation is part of the fun.

"I love that works of art are printed so that anyone can buy them. 
The variety of what they put on little postcards astounds me."

-Leonard Lauder

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments