Cloris Leachman & Me

Today we lost another great, actress Cloris Leachman. I had the opportunity to stalk meet her once. Wow. Since it was pre-blog (September 1, 2009), I sent an email to everyone in my address book sharing my exciting news. I thought I'd share that email in honor of this talented, glee-evoking woman.

I wrote, "Steve and I have been filling our 'alone' time with staying busy. Today,  we headed to the beach for lunch.

We dined on the patio of a darling place called Crepes & Corks.  It was delicious and a great people watching spot. While there, Cloris Leachman walked by.  She has kind of become 'big' again because of her tenure on Dancing With The Stars last season.  I have been a fan since The Mary Tyler Moore Show and Mel Brooks movies. We dropped everything and ran after her, she a willing participant.

We three had a nice chat.  I brought up her family's business, Leachman Lumber and she was blown away that I knew of it. I explained that my parents were born in Des Moines, like her... and probably at the same time. We also discussed that her granddaughter was at an elementary school, here in Temecula, with our older son. She proudly told us that that granddaughter gave her the cutest great grandson three years ago. 

It was fun to chat... like old friends.  The photo is from Steve's phone so it isn't the greatest but it's what we had." 

"I make fun wherever I go, ...
If I go to a restaurant by myself, rest assured, people will be talking about it.
I always have a great deal of fun being with people. It's part of the journey."
-Cloris Leachman

What a wonderful, unforgettable journey and so very, very fun, too.

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments