A Tale of Two Books...

Steve and I are reading two very diverse books. Can you guess who is reading what?

Disney's Land: Walt Disney and the Invention of the Amusement Park That Changed the World. My choice has been described as "a propulsive history chronicling the conception and creation of Disneyland, the masterpiece California theme park, as told like never before by popular historian Richard Snow." I haven't gotten far but I'm loving it. I'm getting my Disney fix in any way possible.
The Black Friend: On Being a Better White Person by Frederick Joseph. "From the perspective of the friend everyone should have, Frederick Joseph offers an essential read for white people who want to be better about race—and people of color who long to see their experiences validated." Steve is looking forward to learning more with an open mind.

Here's to broadening our horizons with the help of a well written book. I'm excited.

“Books are a uniquely portable magic.” – Stephen King

posted under |

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home

Get new Blog Posts to your inbox. Just enter name and email below.

 

We respect your email privacy

Blog Archive


Recent Comments